June 2018
June was a great month of lots of little memories and a few firsts.
 |
| My little laundry helper |
 |
| Is James in that high chair?! |
Audrianne earned her first time out because she hit Hyrum. This was an amazing experience actually because I told her she was in time out, walked her to the corner and set the timer for one minute, and she actually stayed there the whole minute! And when the timer rang, she got up and walked away like she had done this dozens of times. When I was teaching Abigail what time out was at this age, I had to sit and physically hold her in time out for the whole minute or two for about a month or more before she finally got it. I guess this is the benefit of having older children that the younger kids watch and learn from. Audrianne has seen Abi in time out so many times, she knows what to do without any explanation from me. Beautiful how that works. Also, her face! I love that she sat with this spiteful face the whole minute. Turkey child.
 |
| Her first time out |
 |
| Selfie |
 |
| Playing outside |
Hyrum gathered a few books, loaded them in this box, and then proceeded to sit with them and read for a while. Haha! I guess I used to read in a tree so...
 |
| Nothing quite like reading in a box |
 |
| My funny kids |
Just as I was getting ready to start dinner one evening, the power went out and did not come back on. So, we went out to eat. Sometimes, it's nice to have an excuse to splurge just a little.
 |
| Eating out thanks to a black out |
It was the twins' first time eating at a restaurant with a play place. That was an adventure - I was so sure we were going to have to go up and rescue one or two kids but they all eventually made it down. Haha!
 |
| The playplace |
Abi and I had fun reading this book together from the library. We got all their plastic dinosaurs out and recreated the book on our kitchen floor. It was a lot of fun! I was pretty impressed that we had most of the dinosaurs mentioned in the book.
 |
| Dinosaur parade |
This is just us giggling about silly things during dinner. I love family dinners!
 |
| Dinner can be so fun! |
 |
| Yikes! Watch your fingers! |
 |
| Eating corn on the cob |
OK, this meal was AMAZING! My dad and mom made homemade tamales!!! That's what is buried under that avocado and egg. So delicious!
 |
| Can you believe this tastiness?? |
 |
| Learning to write her name |
Abi is learning to do chores more regularly. It's a good thing. Not super helpful at this stage but I can see the potential and it's going to amazing!
 |
| Dusting the floor boards |
No comments:
Post a Comment