"Wherefore, be of good cheer, and do not fear, for I the Lord am with you, and will stand by you; and ye shall bear record of me, even Jesus Christ, that I am the Son of the living God, that I was, that I am, and that I am to come."
Doctrine and Covenants 68:6

Monday, November 5, 2018

Happy Independence Day 2018!

July 2018

We like to attend church with my parents when we visit. It is a smaller congregation and I remember as a child how exciting it was to have visitors. It was even a bit relieving to know there were more people to participate in class with singing, giving comments and prayers. Such a great spice to life in a small branch of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Part of the experience here is that instead of the 12+ kids in nursery that my kiddos are used to in San Antonio, there are only one or two who may - instead of nursery - attend class with their older siblings or parents simply due to lack of adult teachers. So James happily became the nursery leader for the day and enjoyed spending some time with the twins and whatever other toddler wandered in at times. They all loved it!!
Nursery in a branch

I love snuggling with my family! This is definitely a Crowther moment here! :) Naps are second nature.
Favorite activity of Sunday afternoons

Have I mentioned how much I love my parents' home and yard? At least a dozen times I'm sure. They have a great fire pit where we can roast marshmallows and hot dogs. In that order of course. Haha!
Making s'mores with Grammy

These cousins play hard with each other all day every day and barely hold still long enough to rest. Clearly.
We know how to wear them out

I love this picture!!!
Happy Independence Day!

Getting to pet a horse

Making Granddad proud!

Swimming with Aunt Katie

Enjoying Granddad's homemade kid-sized picnic table

Handsome Hyrum

These kids go through probably a hundred popsicles in a week. :) It's great to be a kid.
Popsicles all around

Climbing in the old barn

Hyrum loves playing with the dog

Is anyone else jealous of how much fun these kids have ahead of them in life?
Grandkids

This time, Abigail couldn't in hold her emotions when Shane and Katie and their kids left. She cried and cried and my niece was so sweet to hug her and comfort her and love on her. We are so blessed with great family!
Saying goodbye is so terribly difficult

Haha! The twins are still at that age where they take a week to warm up to someone and then it's time to leave. Granddad tried hard though. :)
Trying not to smile

This vehicle is stuffed to the brim! It wasn't this way when we came but we found we had just enough room to haul my desk home finally. I was so excited! But sad for my family too. My mom has been using my desk as her desk since I left home and leaving her with a big empty corner full of stacks of mail and notepads was a bit depressing even for me. I'm sure it was awful for my parents! Quiet house and empty corner. :)
We know how to travel

Proof that we had fun in Kansas!
Quiet moment on the road

No comments: