June 2018
Our zoo here in San Antonio has a great toddler area with a little river for wading, a giant sandbox/beach, some outdoor toys, and an indoor discovery building for crafts and classes. I rarely go by the area when we go to the zoo because I forget to plan for the mess but this time we went to the zoo just for the purpose of wading and getting wet. It was so much fun! I did, however, forget to plan for the exit strategy. Turns out it is really difficult to strip down, dry off and change one wet toddler while trying to watch that the other two kids don't drown. Haha! Fortunately, another couple moms stepped in and helped entertain the second toddler so I could focus. Haha! What a blessing we moms can be for each other!
It was fun to see the twins react to sand. I guess they had never played in sand because it threw them for a little loop. Audrianne was especially confused when it wouldn't come off her hands.
 |
| It doesn't fall off... |
 |
| Playing at the zoo beach |
Abi was quick to make friends. I hardly saw her the whole time we were there. She was all over that river playing with everyone. I love that she sees everyone as a friend - most of the time. :)
 |
| Digging for treasure |
It makes my heart happy when these girls get along.
 |
| Making snorting noises |
We found the best gift every for James this year! We got him an ice cream maker and ingredients so he could make us some Father's Day ice cream. Abi helped and thought it was really cool.
 |
| Happy Father's Day! |
 |
| Homemade frozen strawberry yogurt |
 |
| Abi loves to read to her siblings |
Abi had a great time out in the yard with the umbrella. I wish umbrellas held up better under kid abuse since we unfortunately lost this umbrella after this fun but all for the childhood memories and pictures like this, right?
 |
| Playing in the rain |
 |
| Visiting the dentist |
 |
| Audrianne's cuteness! |
Homemade chimichangas, calabacitas con arroz, homemade Spanish rice and watermelon. YUM!
 |
| Another amazing meal |
 |
| Homemade ice cream! |
Hyrum kept spraying himself in the face and giggling. I love it!
 |
| Hyrum has discovered the spray bottle |
We always consider ourselves blessed when friends spend their precious vacation time with us!
 |
| Swimming with friends |
 |
| Snuggling with Dad |
UGH, I wish kids came with table training already done. Haha! Someday...
 |
| What a mess! |
No comments:
Post a Comment