Yes, it's a HUGE wall!
Here is Katie's log, which is by far the best thing on the wall. Although the aspens are pretty amazing too.
Who am I kidding? Her mossy rock is incredible too! Shane tried to get her to "carve" their initials into an aspen. haha! Wouldn't that have been fun?
Here's Dad's contribution... the orange hunter in the middle of the painting. Don't worry! We didn't let him actually paint it on the wall, but we did let Mom think he did. Haha! Poor Mom. She's had a hard summer. :D Dad painted the hunter on a piece of paper (while laying on the floor on his stomach like we were at that point - because he had to be cool like us.) Then he cut it out and carefully taped it on the wall and told Mom, "The girls let me paint. Go see my contribution!" Mom couldn't see it at first (I know it's front and center but I don't think she ever imagined he would paint a bright orange hunter on top of perfectly finished background.) So I told her to sit in the couch and just look, and as soon as she sat down she saw it and jumped right back up yelling at us for letting Dad paint that, but by then she saw it was only taped on. Haha! He stayed up clear until the day of the reception. He may even be back, I'm not sure... Oh, and you can see my bush at the bottom.
Here are Katie's amazing caves. I guess these are from a real location on the Conejos River. Dad took a picture and told Katie, "Paint this." So she did!
Here are my columbine flowers. Cute, huh? Again, they'll be behind the couch so no worries.
And here is a close up of my bush. Yes, I'm the grass and bush girl in this work of art. :D
2 comments:
Whoa, that wall looks amazing! Way to go on your parts Heidi :)
Thanks! It was tons of fun but tons of work too! I've thought about doing this for a side job lots of times growing up, but... it takes hours and days and weeks! Haha! I don't think the pay people would be willing to give would be worth the time!
Post a Comment