This float was really fun! It won something I think... (helpful info I know) It was for Martin's Cattle Co. I think and so they called it Martian's Cattle Co. haha!
The Southern Colorado Mission President brought in all the missionaries from all around for the 24th and they were in the parade. How fun! I know they say that little Manassa swells to 8000 people over that weekend and so having 30 extra missionaries can't hurt, right? Well, this is my favorite picture of the missionaries! Isn't this great advertising?
Here's another one of the missionaries and what is great is that the blonde girl in the truck is a friend from BYU! We had no idea she'd be there and so it was really fun to see her randomly.
Here's another float that won something but everyone thought it should have done better. It was way cool! The little canoe with the mermaid and prince went up and down and something on it blew bubbles, but not just any bubbles - they were blue bubbles! It was very well thought out. Very cool!
Here's another picture of us with Sister Drinkwater and her companion. Sadly, I don't remember the companion's name...
We went to the Jack Dempsey museum which was actually really cool! He's a boxer from back in the day that was born in Manassa. I don't know if he was LDS but he sure was a great guy! Check out this story about him...
And here's a picture of him on the right with David O. McKay in the middle. I wish I knew history better. That's a goal though and someday I'll be a history buff!
No comments:
Post a Comment