Well, rarely do I feel like I have a great idea for a gift but this time, I did! I was so excited about a gift idea I had for James that I couldn't wait for his birthday (coming up) and so I had to give it to him for Valentine's Day. But Poor James! I was so excited, I couldn't even help but tell him how excited I was to give him his Valentine's gift. How's that for some pressure?! It took me a few days to realize how much pressure I must be putting on him to reciprocate a good gift as well and how miserable is that? So I told him he didn't need to worry about getting me a gift - mine was sort of for both of us anyway.
I don't know why I worry! He can create the most thoughtful gifts right from home, and he did. He writes wonderful love notes that are so special to me! When he went to China for his study abroad four years ago, he wrote about 20+ notes on small pieces of paper and hid them all over our apartment before he left so that I could find them every so often and be reminded that he loves me even when he was on the other side of the globe. This Valentine's he did something very similar; he made a dozen origami roses and inserted a slip of paper with something he loves about me and hid them all over the apartment "to occupy my day" finding them. Haha! (Like my days need occupying.) Anyway, it took my all week to find them all which was ok because he went out of town for the weekend so I did end up having something to "occupy my week". :D
Here are a few of the hidden roses - can you find them?
I'm sure you're wondering what I gave him that got this whole thing started? Well I got him some fun cards that I made on Heritage Makers. I used pictures from when we were in China together and now we have four decks of cards for a variety of games we enjoy like Wacky 6 and Hand and Foot.
Here he is opening them...
And here is a preview of one of the decks of cards...
By the way, we played Hand and Foot (or Canasta) the other night and he beat me but just barely. I need more practice!
No comments:
Post a Comment