"Wherefore, be of good cheer, and do not fear, for I the Lord am with you, and will stand by you; and ye shall bear record of me, even Jesus Christ, that I am the Son of the living God, that I was, that I am, and that I am to come."
Doctrine and Covenants 68:6

Thursday, March 15, 2012

Pizza, Cheesecake, and Games = Birthday!

James wanted a simple party this year for his birthday... (Says the guy who threw huge surprise parties for me the first three years of our marriage.)

So we had a small, simple party. We had pizza. HUGE pizza. The pizzas were 24 inches across. I thought James would just get one, but he got two! We will be eating pizza all week! Not only did he get two giant pizzas, but he also got two loaves of garlic bread from the store and asked me to make his favorite pasta salad.






After we ate a bit, (ok, a lot, that pizza was humongous! 1 slice filled me up!) we played a new game James bought a couple weeks ago when he went to the board game convention in Utah. Some of his classmates at BYU made the game and he got to buy one of the very first published copies. It was a really fun game revolving around commerce - a great game for a business guy. :D



Dannie was sweet and brought cheesecake as his birthday cake. That was so helpful since I had no energy this week to bake him a cake. (I've been sick with the sniffles.)



I recycled last year's candles and added one more to make 28. Haha! We're thinking we can use those same three candles for my birthday, too, since I'll be 26. You just have to be a little imaginative mathematically.




This is James' trying-to-think-of-a-wish face. Nice, huh?

No comments: