A frequently asked question now is: How do you like it?
Well... I love it! I love the look of the longer hair better for sure. But I love the feel of the shorter hair. My head and neck feel so carefree and happy again! James was excited when I got it cut. His words were, "Does this mean I won't have to give you as many shoulder rubs anymore?" I'm pretty sure it does. My hair is SO thick and therefore heavy. This is not a complaint - I love my thick hair - but it does mean that some days, my head is tired of trying to hold onto my hair and it stresses all the neighboring muscles out.
I also love that my shorter hair doesn't get in the way as much... I can see to tie my shoe. My hair doesn't tickle the face of my nephew when I bend over to pick him up. It doesn't get stuck beneath me in bed so I can't turn over. It's doesn't get caught in the car window when I roll it up or stuck in the door when I shut it. It also doesn't get rolled up into the seat belt retractor-thingy when I take my seat belt off - that hurts! It doesn't take as long to dry. I don't need James to help put my hair in curlers because I can no longer reach far enough behind me to stretch my hair and roll it up. I use about half of the shampoo and conditioner I used to. My ponytails holders do not get stretched out after only two or three uses because my hair is lighter.
These are the most pressing reasons that I love my hair now. I do miss the long curls, and this is a bit shorter than I actually want it to be on a normal basis, but I just couldn't wait any longer before it was cut. Fortunately, my hair also grows fairly quickly. It will be back to long, curly, and in the way again soon. :)
2 comments:
Beautiful! You look great. You have really beautiful hair--it looks so healthy and pretty, both long and shorter =)
Your Beautiful long or short.
Post a Comment