"Wherefore, be of good cheer, and do not fear, for I the Lord am with you, and will stand by you; and ye shall bear record of me, even Jesus Christ, that I am the Son of the living God, that I was, that I am, and that I am to come."
Doctrine and Covenants 68:6
Sunday, July 12, 2009
Oquirrh Mountain Temple
This is pronounced "oak-er" just fyi. Adam and I went to the open house while James was at work. It is a beautiful temple! They have a wonderful decorative motif that goes throughout every room. It's gorgeous. Also, it is in the Daybreak development of South Jordan, so yes, South Jordan is currently the only city with two temples. I was originally sad that they didn't name it the Daybreak Temple because how pretty is that? However, I found out while I was on the tour that Oquirrh is an Indian word for "shining mountains" which is attributed to the Oquirrh Mountains on the west side of Salt Lake Valley due to how they shine at daybreak. Therefore, it is still named "daybreak" temple, just in another language, and of course that makes it an even more beautiful and fitting name.


Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Thanks for going with me to that Heidi! They had some really cool homes behind that temple too! -Adam
Post a Comment