"Wherefore, be of good cheer, and do not fear, for I the Lord am with you, and will stand by you; and ye shall bear record of me, even Jesus Christ, that I am the Son of the living God, that I was, that I am, and that I am to come."
Doctrine and Covenants 68:6

Sunday, January 11, 2009

Our own little Christmas...

Basically, China was one giant Christmas gift to each other so we didn't really feel like we needed to get more gifts. However, sometimes that's the only way I can justify buying some things, and plus, the tree looked naked without gifts under it so I bought us each some socks and a book. I know those gifts sound pretty boring but I was so, SO excited for James to open them because one, we both really need new socks, and two, I knew he was going to love his book. We couldn't fit them in our luggage to go to New Mexico, so we opened them at about 2 a.m. Monday morning. Remember, that was about 5 p.m. in our heads so we were pretty awake. We ended up going to sleep at 3 and getting up at 4 to go to the airport. Talk about jet lag!
I love James' face in this picture. It's genuine excitement. By the way, the book is a picture dictionary in Mandarin. The USBorne First 1000 Words in Chinese.

2 comments:

James and Shawna said...

So what book did you get him? You never said!

Heidi said...

Oh yeah. I added it to the end. :D It's a Chinese picture dictionary. Really cute and way good! USBorne makes great picture dictionaries.