"Wherefore, be of good cheer, and do not fear, for I the Lord am with you, and will stand by you; and ye shall bear record of me, even Jesus Christ, that I am the Son of the living God, that I was, that I am, and that I am to come."
Doctrine and Covenants 68:6

Sunday, December 14, 2008

Pictures of my bike crash!






Yes, I traveled 46 hours to China and paid 25 kuai just to crash my bike and bruise my bum. What fun! Here are the pictures I promised in the email.

Some details that are pertinent to the complete humor of the situation... I was hooked to the bike by a wire that was sticking through my coat. So, I couldn't get up and save face at all. I just laid there and waited for help to rescue me. However, you can see by the shadow that help was simply taking pictures instead. But now we have great pictures. Also, there is a picture of Brooke's nice intact basket and then the picture of my slaughtered basket. The funny thing is that the feet in Brooke's basket picture probably belong to some random Chinese man who also stopped to watch the funny foreigner crash her bike. What fun!

3 comments:

Adam said...

Oh Heidi! I am so sorry! Are you going to be ok? I hope you and james are having fun in China! Can wait to see you during christmas. (maybe, if your coming)

jeff and alli said...

Glad you arrived safely in China. We hope you have a great trip, despite the embarrassing fall. I, Allison, had a similar experience in France. It does make for good stories now.

(this is Allison, Jeff's wife, the Jeff Thomas that served with James)

Mary said...

I'm so talented I could crash my bike right here in the states. In fact, I don't even need a bike to crash. I just run into walls and break a toe. See you soon!