The week we started school, we got about four days of constant snow. Had this happened somewhere else, the world would have shut down. Not in Provo and definitely not at BYU. We got no breaks with this much snow, but I did make some pretty good snow ice cream. It was blackberry cheesecake ice cream. Good, but I think vanilla is better. The cheesecake flavor was more bland than I expected. Oh, and after the snow stopped we got sunshine and this amazing sunset! It was truly the most beautiful sunset I've ever seen in my life. I even walked outside on campus instead of taking my usual shortcuts through all the buildings. (After five years on campus, I've figured out some great paths through all sorts of buildings to keep myself warm.)
"Wherefore, be of good cheer, and do not fear, for I the Lord am with you, and will stand by you; and ye shall bear record of me, even Jesus Christ, that I am the Son of the living God, that I was, that I am, and that I am to come."
Doctrine and Covenants 68:6
Sunday, January 18, 2009
Our poor car!
The week we started school, we got about four days of constant snow. Had this happened somewhere else, the world would have shut down. Not in Provo and definitely not at BYU. We got no breaks with this much snow, but I did make some pretty good snow ice cream. It was blackberry cheesecake ice cream. Good, but I think vanilla is better. The cheesecake flavor was more bland than I expected. Oh, and after the snow stopped we got sunshine and this amazing sunset! It was truly the most beautiful sunset I've ever seen in my life. I even walked outside on campus instead of taking my usual shortcuts through all the buildings. (After five years on campus, I've figured out some great paths through all sorts of buildings to keep myself warm.)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I'm glad to see you are blogging again (as am I finally). I am glad you had a happy trip to China and still made it home alive. It was too bad we couldn't see you at Christmas. Hope you got your curtains, but if not see Shawna.
Post a Comment