"Wherefore, be of good cheer, and do not fear, for I the Lord am with you, and will stand by you; and ye shall bear record of me, even Jesus Christ, that I am the Son of the living God, that I was, that I am, and that I am to come."
Doctrine and Covenants 68:6

Tuesday, November 4, 2008

My First Golfing Experience




This is a little embarrassing, but it’s a good story. Chris has a friend who lives in Beijing, and he invited us to go golfing with him, his treat. As many of you know, I have never golfed before. I was excited about the opportunity, despite the fact that I was going to look like in incompetent foreigner in the midst of so many other people who were much more familiar with the sport. So, there I stood with my golf club, certain that that little golf ball was going to be sorry it had ever been put in front of my powerful swing. I line up the club, look out to where I want to send it, wind up for the swing, and give it all I’ve got! If you look really closely at the last picture where I’ve already swung, if you squint your eyes just right, and if you see something that looks like the golf ball in the previous picture, you would be right. That ball didn’t go anywhere. But that’s what I wanted to have happen. I like to instill fear in the rubbery hearts of those golf balls before I send them down the range.

3 comments:

Mary said...

You can be my golfing buddy. When I putt putt I can do a par 2 in 8 or maybe 9 strokes. If anything I'm good for laughs.-Mary

Heidi said...

That's my husband! He's bound to impress any business management, eh? Hopefully they never choose to interview him over a game of golf. :D

Anonymous said...

Well if it makes you feel better, I thought it was a great picture. it looks like you are gearing up for a giant swing towards the camera. And then I noticed that there were alot of dandelions on the field two feet away :D But at first it looks incredible!