"Wherefore, be of good cheer, and do not fear, for I the Lord am with you, and will stand by you; and ye shall bear record of me, even Jesus Christ, that I am the Son of the living God, that I was, that I am, and that I am to come."
Doctrine and Covenants 68:6

Tuesday, November 4, 2008

The Great Wall of China





Here I am at the Great Wall of China. The section my classmate and I went to was called Jin Shan Ling (or the Neck of the Golden Mountain). This is a section of the Great Wall that not too many people go to because of how far away it is from other tourist attractions. Chris and I hiked from one portion of the wall to Si Ma Tai, a six-mile hike in all. There were not very many people there that day, making it really easy to get nice pictures of the area.

My favorite part of this section is, because not too many people come here, most of it has not been restored. While most of it is fairly intact, there are sections that have been well weathered with age, giving the observer an idea of how old the wall is and how much work went into building it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Keep taking incredible photos so I can do artwork of them, and maybe I will even let you keep one! :D