Here I am standing in front of the Temple of Heaven (Tian Tan). There were so many people there that day because of the October First Holiday. This temple is where the emperor would often go to think, meditate, and offer sacrifices before making big decisions and in hopes of a good year for crops and safety for the people. The whole area is amazing, and being with the thousands of people running around added to the excitement of being there.
"Wherefore, be of good cheer, and do not fear, for I the Lord am with you, and will stand by you; and ye shall bear record of me, even Jesus Christ, that I am the Son of the living God, that I was, that I am, and that I am to come."
Doctrine and Covenants 68:6
Tuesday, November 4, 2008
The Temple of Heaven
Here I am standing in front of the Temple of Heaven (Tian Tan). There were so many people there that day because of the October First Holiday. This temple is where the emperor would often go to think, meditate, and offer sacrifices before making big decisions and in hopes of a good year for crops and safety for the people. The whole area is amazing, and being with the thousands of people running around added to the excitement of being there.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Way to sport your BYU shirt babe!
Post a Comment