There are three basic needs of a newborn - sleep (which I covered in the previous post), feeding and snuggling/loving. When you have twins, getting these three things done gets a bit tricky but it's doable. When you have older kids as well, you have to add entertaining to the list. So here is how twin parents happens with an additional toddler. Haha!
FEEDING________
 |
| Tandem nursing - crazy hard and crazy awesome! |
 |
| My throne |
Tandem nursing was amazing and yet way harder than people on the internet make it sound. It didn't help that my babies had tied tongues and lips which took us about three weeks to fix and then two weeks to fully heal. But honestly, think about it - it's enough of a feat to get two wobbly babies happily latched on and eating, but then when one finishes in half the time and then needs burped... what do you do? I never got good enough at this sadly. So I switched to nursing one after the other. And then to increase/maintain my milk supply, I had to pump after each feeding as well. So this all takes about 75-90 minutes each feeding and newborns eat every 2-3 hours. Augh!!! I didn't sleep much in the beginning to say the least. And I definitely did not get any house cleaning done.
This is why help is so essential for multiple moms!! I had several amazing helpers come and first for November was my SIL Mary! Check out this awesomeness! Thanks, Mary!
 |
| Super Aunt! |
ENTERTAINING_________
 |
| Reading to all my kiddos |
The hardest part of this whole adventure for me is making sure all three of my children feel love from me and get time with me. That's really hard to juggle sometimes!!
 |
| Sometimes we all want to be little again |
 |
| Reading in bed together |
It's especially hard to juggle their needs for attention when I'm exhausted so hanging out in bed together became way more frequent. :)
SNUGGLING AND LOVING
 |
| Snuggling with Daddy |
 |
| Sleeping with Daddy |
 |
| Always one in arms |
I love snugly babies! The downside to babies who love to be held is that they love to be held. Haha! But I love carrying them in this moby wrap so it worked out.
 |
| Or two! |
The second amazing helped of November was James's mom! It was wonderful to have her experience and grandma touch! Thank you, Dannie!
 |
| Grandma to the rescue! |
No comments:
Post a Comment