Abi has been a delightful older sister! Of course, she has had to adjust to losing attention, sharing her space and toys, and dealing with loud crying just like any sibling and that has caused a little regression in behavior. But overall, she has been amazing! She hasn't seemed jealous or bugged by the babies ever. For the first week or so, she ignored them completely. Then she thought they were quite novel for a while. These pictures are from the novelty stage.
 |
| Learning ownership - that all toys are not hers |
One of the hardest things for Abi to learn with the new babies is that all stuffed animals and all taggies and all cool toys are not hers - not even the toys from her past are hers anymore. Haha! She was very reluctant to share anything. It's a good thing the babies didn't care about their toys yet because she did not let them have them at all for a while.
 |
| Figuring out the new baby furniture |
Abi really wanted to sit in the swings and lay on the pillows and sit in the Bumbo chairs. Haha! It's so hard to grow up sometimes. This was an adorable moment where she used my twin nursing pillow as a desk and chair. What a nerd!
 |
| Gazing at the babies |
There were some very tender moments when Abi seemed to adore the babies and let her gentle side show.
 |
| Maybe she likes them?! |
 |
| Baby sister! |
 |
| Kisses for Audri! |
 |
| Baby brother! |
 |
| Kisses for Hyrum |
 |
| Reading to the babies |
Abi was a little protective of her space with me. In the first few weeks and months, I couldn't get any personal space! When I nursed, Abi wanted to be right next to me or sometimes right against my legs on the floor. It was sweet in hindsight but at the time I was really feeling claustrophobic. Thankfully, she is cute and we love her so having her next to me was a treasure!
 |
| Sharing her toys |
I found Hyrum sleeping like this one day. Apparently Abi thought he needed a toy in order to sleep well and gave him not just any toy, but one of her favorites - Yellow Guy!
 |
| Feeding the babies |
Feeding the babies a bottle seemed really exciting to her at first - until I realized that she was pushing on it really hard instead of just holding it steady and tried to reign in her strength. She didn't like that. And then helping feed babies wasn't much fun anymore. Hehe! What can I say?
 |
| Playing with the swings |
Abi received a boy doll and girl doll for her birthday in preparation for the new babies to arrive. One day I walked into the living room to find she had put the girl doll in Audri's swing and the boy doll in Hyrum's swing. Haha! I love this girl!
 |
| One of the gang |
I guess maybe Abi was jealous a little - just not retaliatory so that is good. I can't really do any kind of photo shoot without Abi wanting to be part which is of course a wonderful thing... Haha! Poor second children (and third)!
No comments:
Post a Comment