"Wherefore, be of good cheer, and do not fear, for I the Lord am with you, and will stand by you; and ye shall bear record of me, even Jesus Christ, that I am the Son of the living God, that I was, that I am, and that I am to come."
Doctrine and Covenants 68:6

Thursday, April 17, 2014

Abi's first swim



This is a bit old, but needs to be on our blog.

The day Abi was sealed to us, we spent the evening with my family. We went to eat super hot Mexican food (New Mexico tourism) and then went to their hotel to swim and eat some locally made gelato and sorbet from Los Poblanos - which is extremely delicious, by the way, for any of you New Mexicans. I definitely recommend the Sea Salt and Caramel gelato.



Abi loves her baths and even loves showers! She will watch the water fall from the shower head for a bit then lean forward, get her face wet and catch the water in her mouth. So, I completely expected her to enjoy the pool and she did! You can't tell from her face though. The water was a bit cold, especially for her body weight, and she was super observant. She never smiled! But she didn't complain either. :) She's going to be a good swimmer someday!



Jenny and Daphney joined us in the water too! Daphney loves the water and jumps in from the side even. Yeah, she's 18 months old. She's awesome! She was really tired though since they had already gone swimming that morning, then to the temple in the afternoon, then to a restaurant where she begged three suckers off of the waiters, then swimming again. Tired isn't actually the right word. It's exhausted.



When Abi was too cold to stand the pool anymore (lips turning purple) I gave her to James to hold and warm up while the rest of us girls sat in the hot tub to warm up. Apparently, when you turn on the bubbles, they really mean bubbles. That kind of creeped me out a bit, but I chose to ignore that and just enjoy the moment. Don't ruin my memory by telling me horror stories of why there are bubbles in the hot tub. Not necessary.



Jenny and Daphney enjoyed making beards out of the bubbles. It blows my mind that Daphney understands and enjoys that game at 18 months. I guess I forget how quickly little kids learn and how much they love fun!



I'm so glad Dad and Mom got a hotel with a pool! We had a fantastic time!


1 comment:

cracheld said...

Somebody just put soap in the hot tub. No big deal. Just a semi-bath?