"Wherefore, be of good cheer, and do not fear, for I the Lord am with you, and will stand by you; and ye shall bear record of me, even Jesus Christ, that I am the Son of the living God, that I was, that I am, and that I am to come."
Doctrine and Covenants 68:6

Sunday, May 4, 2014

NY Walking Tour

We took Abi to NYC! That's right. We rode the bus and the subway with a stroller, which is no easy feat and definitely a two-person job.

We got off the subway, got above ground and waited at a street corner while James got his bearings with his smart phone. While he worked on the electronic map, I figured we must be close to our destination, the Manhattan Temple of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints so I started looking for the angel Moroni in the sky - always the most fun way to spot an LDS temple.

Well, I looked down every street (this intersection had 5 streets, not the usual 4) and couldn't see it no matter how far down the streets I looked. Then, just as I gave up, I looked straight across the intersection and saw the name of the Church on a building. Turns out, that was the temple - right there - the whole time!


Yeah... The tall buildings camouflaged it.

As we walked around NYC, we found this building which reminded us of that book about the house that won't make way for the bigger commercial buildings so they finally build around it. Anyone remember that book or its title? Anyway, he looks like this building. I'm pretty sure this exact building was the inspiration for that book.


Here are how beautiful trees look - for my friends in NM who have never seen trees. :) Just kidding. Of course.


By the way, NYC is on the coast-ish just like San Francisco is. And they have one thing in common - they are 20 degrees colder than everywhere else around them. It was almost too cold to be out but we were so excited to explore, we hardly noticed.


More beautiful trees and beautiful baby...




Abi got to wear her very cute, snuggly outfit her great-aunt Coco gave her! Check out how darling she looks! I've never appreciated having such a perfect outfit for an occasion before. Thank you, Coco!


We ended our trip with about 5 hours in the Metropolitan Museum of Art which was really amazing but we only made it through about a tenth of the museum. That's right! If you ever want to come, you should decide what is a must-see and forget the rest exists so you don't develop Fear of Missing Out. :) That can ruin a beautiful experience.

No comments: