"Wherefore, be of good cheer, and do not fear, for I the Lord am with you, and will stand by you; and ye shall bear record of me, even Jesus Christ, that I am the Son of the living God, that I was, that I am, and that I am to come."
Doctrine and Covenants 68:6

Monday, April 14, 2014

Cherry Blossom Festival

James and I wanted to do something with some local flavor on Saturday so Abi and I could get out of the house mostly. Turns out there is a park in Newark that has 4300 Japanese cherry trees which is supposedly a lot and more than something similar in Washington DC. I guess there's a little competition there...

Here are pictures of the few we saw which were beautiful!



Abi's new tongue trick


The festival looked like it would be very fun if our child could throw a ball or swing a hammer or eat funnel cakes. :) Since she couldn't, we just walked around and people watched which is my favorite pastime anyway.

They had paddle boats going on the water and one looked like a giant swan which was way cool! I'll have to keep that in mind for future dates. They looked hard to paddle though. Has anyone ever done paddle boats? Are they as fun as they look?

We offered to take pictures for a family from India and they in turn offered to take ours. They did a good job but they were more artistic than we planned. :)
Loving the pig tail!



This winter has been HARD and has lasted a long time for these poor north-easterners so the trees were not fully in bloom like I think they hoped when they scheduled the Festival because there were maybe 50 trees blossoming. The rest still looked dead. I guess that means we'll have to check it out again this weekend! Bummer! :)

1 comment:

Katie said...

Loved the Family Picture! So ARTISTIC!! : D