"Wherefore, be of good cheer, and do not fear, for I the Lord am with you, and will stand by you; and ye shall bear record of me, even Jesus Christ, that I am the Son of the living God, that I was, that I am, and that I am to come."
Doctrine and Covenants 68:6

Monday, April 7, 2014

Truly... it is broad!

When I said in my last post that my definition of healthy is broad, I was not exaggerating.

I was craving brownies and ice cream last night stemming from a nostalgic feeling of Sabbath days long ago growing up in Kansas. Not having a brownie mix, I went in search of a recipe using scratch ingredients. I found one on the back of the Malt-O-Meal box of chocolate wheat cereal.

When they were finished baking, I dished them up and James added ice cream. As we did, I explained how I was curious to try them since I had to make them from scratch and used Malt-O-Meal.

His REAL-not-made-up response was, "Oh, so they're healthy?"

My response was, "Sure."

Then we both laughed because REALLY??


But they did taste good! The texture was a little coarse like corn bread but still yummy. I recommend them.

They are quite healthy.

No comments: