"Wherefore, be of good cheer, and do not fear, for I the Lord am with you, and will stand by you; and ye shall bear record of me, even Jesus Christ, that I am the Son of the living God, that I was, that I am, and that I am to come."
Doctrine and Covenants 68:6

Monday, June 6, 2011

My Hubby's Growing Up!

When I got married, I imagined having children someday who would have crooked teeth and need braces and other types of dental miracles, but I never expected my husband to join that party.

About two months ago he discovered that what he thought what just a popcorn kernel shell stuck in the roof of his mouth was really a brand new tooth.

You'd think I was crazy, right?



There's the proof. Apparently he knew it was there for years, but the dentists have always said that it will never grow in. Well, it did.

We were due to see the dentist anyway, so we made appointments and James decided he would just let the dentist do his thing and not say anything about his new tooth just to see the dentist's reaction. Haha! Our new dentist is great, but unfortunately he didn't react very visibly. In fact, it was sort of anti-climatic. James said he did run his pokey pick tool over it an extra time when he saw it and it made James smile as much as he could with his mouth wide open. That was it.

The X-ray showed that it's really just a chunk of calcium that has decided to come out. I thought he'd need some oral surgery or something and I was excited for him to experience that - he's never even had his wisdom teeth out and I think he owes the world some pain. But, since it has no root or nerve, it will probably just grow on out some day... I'll keep you updated if it's not too gory when it finally comes out all the way. :D

2 comments:

alyssa said...

That is so crazy!!

Alana Tolley said...

stinking dentist professionalism...