For any who are unsure about temples and their purpose, there is a great website that is geared toward the temple recently announced in Indiana but it applies to all temples. Click here to see videos of community members talking about how the temple affects them. There are also photos of the interiors of temples, explanations, FAQ's, and more.
My favorite quote from the whole site is from a Physicist who was very skeptical about the temple being built in his neighborhood but was able to speak with the people in charge of building it and even assist them in understanding the dangers of the site that was chosen.
Here's what he says now,
"[The Angel Moroni] is kind of a landmark; it's kind of a way of saying, 'I'm getting close to home.'"The reason I love that quote so much is because it is exactly how I feel every time I see the Angel Moroni atop one of the temples of the Lord. The temple is the connection between heaven and earth, the place where we can feel the closest to our Father in Heaven. It should feel like we're getting closer to home each time we see the temple.
No comments:
Post a Comment