"Wherefore, be of good cheer, and do not fear, for I the Lord am with you, and will stand by you; and ye shall bear record of me, even Jesus Christ, that I am the Son of the living God, that I was, that I am, and that I am to come."
Doctrine and Covenants 68:6

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

This is a game called, "Find the handicapped parking stall"

Anyone, anyone?
Ok, so here's the story. Shawna and I went to eat dinner together (because the movie we went to see was sold out) and when we came back, I had a ticket on my window for parking in a handicapped stall. Who knew? So, in these pictures, I was parked in the stall to the right of where my car is now...

In this picture, you can kind of see the yellow lines, but that night, someone was parked in that stall with the yellow lines. He got a ticket, too, by the way.

Now you can really see the yellow lines, but not really the little wheelchair icon. I took these pictures at night since that's when I parked here. It is actually more visible in the day time, but it's not much better. I did fight the ticket and was awarded my $100 back. (I had to pay it first before I could fight it.) And now, it's painted better and I think they even have signs in front of the stalls.

4 comments:

Jackie Rogers Hammond said...

Don't worry, the code says they need to be clearly marked. I'm glad you were able to get out of your ticket!

Meagan said...

I am glad you got out of your ticket too. They should really mark stuff like that better!

James and Shawna said...

That was such a fun night! Except for the ticket. Way to win!

Dale said...

I think that we should all just be taxed an extra 5% of our incomes to paint more handicapped spots in parking lots. Then we could add on another 10% tax to build transit systems from the freaking edge of the earth to department stores to ferry the non-handicapped. And then we'll impose a 50% tax on people with handicapped stickers that park in the last NON handicapped spot. And then another tax just for good measure. A tax on taxes, so to speak.