"Wherefore, be of good cheer, and do not fear, for I the Lord am with you, and will stand by you; and ye shall bear record of me, even Jesus Christ, that I am the Son of the living God, that I was, that I am, and that I am to come."
Doctrine and Covenants 68:6

Tuesday, April 9, 2019

Why I'm constantly devoid of extra energy

October 2018

My twins are turning two this month and I still feel like I haven't caught up to a normal feeling of "having got enough sleep". My standard answer to "How are you?" is still ALWAYS, "I'm tired." My fellow mom friends who are a decade further along in parenting tell me that you do graduate from the exhausted stage eventually. I'm looking forward to that. But in case you're wondering what can be so exhausting about three young children, here are some anecdotes for you.

Remember how last month she cut her hair? Well, she here is how it is looking. I don't remember now how the timeline has gone as it is currently April 2019 as I write this but she ended up cutting her hair three separate times!!! I finally took her to a professional to get it shaped a bit to cover up the most obvious snips but seriously. Picking her up from school is the most stressful moment of my day - what happened today?...
How her hair cut is working out for her

This is my LEAST favorite stage of parenting so far. Why does the food get thrown everywhere??? This is literally every meal!
Guess they are done

They found the goldfish... I guess the silver lining is that these aren't real goldfish??
I was gone... how long?

And there they sit, like nothing is wrong

It's not always the trouble they cause that is exhausting. Often it's simply the pace at which they demand energy to be burnt on their behalf. :) James is so obliging though and they love him for it.
Yee-haw, Daddy!

Here is Abi at her first birthday party for a classmate. Haha! This face seems completely expected and logical after freshly eaten cake, right?
At a friend's birthday party

This caption is false. I didn't get dressed up to grill. Haha! I rarely get dressed up except on Sunday so here I am grilling in my Sunday best. :) No time to change clothes around here! Not with open flame and kids in the same vicinity!
I got dressed up just to grill

Treasure chest!

Like I said, literally every meal!
She didn't appreciate the grilled food

No comments: