"Wherefore, be of good cheer, and do not fear, for I the Lord am with you, and will stand by you; and ye shall bear record of me, even Jesus Christ, that I am the Son of the living God, that I was, that I am, and that I am to come."
Doctrine and Covenants 68:6

Tuesday, April 9, 2019

Cousins visit

October 2018

We had the great privilege and pleasure of having Jason and Mary and their kids visit. We love having family and friends come so if anyone is thinking of passing by this way, please stop by!

While they were here we stayed very busy. We went to the temple to see the stained glass because Jason's hobby (when he has any free time so never) is making stained glass windows. Our temple here in San Antonio has the most stained glass per square foot of all our temples in the world so it amazing to see! This is what Audrianne thought of it...
She's had too much fun

We happen to know the head temple engineer and talked him into showing the kids some of the art that was being stored on site including this Angel Moroni. The statue was between temples at the time so they got to see him close up. Pretty cool, huh? He is HUGE!
The angel Moroni

Here's a cute picture of Hyrum taking advantage of the twin situation and having two cups available to him.
When you can't pick just one

We went with our entire group to Sea World. I was excited but not sure how our kids would do since we've never stayed through nap time. But our kids did so great! Abi was clearly tired but also eager to fit in with the older kids so she did an abnormally good job with obeying and staying emotionally in control of herself. At about 4pm, she said to me, "I'm not even tired!" Which told me she was or she wouldn't be thinking about it but she did great! It helped that we had this jail cell to threaten them with. Just kidding! :)
Parenting has come to this

Hyrum had a blast watching this roller coaster. Each time it crashed down the hill, it splashed water up onto the viewers and he was so soaked! Audrianne hadn't noticed it though so he brought her along for the fun. It was so hilarious to watch her willingly walk into the splash zone only to get soaked. They had a great time! We went through several outfits this day. After we watched the Orca show where we also got splashed and fairly wet, Audrianne kept licking her hands. I couldn't figure out what she was doing until I realized that the salt water was tasty to her. Ugh! Haha!
She has no idea where he's taking her

My kiddos love the carousel! I love that it is free at Sea World. Any place that you have to buy a membership that has a carousel should have free rides. Right? Our zoo has a nice carousel as well but it's $3/ride. What the heck?!?! No way!
Fun on the carousel

We also spent a day at the Alamo and Riverwalk. Abi's lack of stranger danger is astonishing sometimes. This is a picture of her sitting in the middle of all these strangers with not a care in the world about it.
We only know one of these people

I fit right in

Abi loves to climb everything! I can imagine this is difficult to contain at school...
I'm not sure why her teacher complains

My kids love their cousins! We are so blessed that their cousins are so nice and good to little kids.
Cousins for the win!

My niece and nephews all play the piano and put on a little concert for us one evening. All of my children were inspired and ready to take up lessons. I'm ok with that response!
Following theirs cousins' examples

And since this is more or less my journal, I just have to add in here how nice it was to have Jason and Mary visit during a time that James was so busy! He'd been so occupied with his MBA classes and job hunting that his hubby-to-do list had grown out of control. Jason was such a great brother and helped cross off about half of his list while he was here including fixing the grill, installing new shower heads, fixing a broken dresser drawer, greasing all the squeaky doors and more! I could have cried I was so relieved to have so many things taken care of!! Thank you to our wonderful siblings!

No comments: