"Wherefore, be of good cheer, and do not fear, for I the Lord am with you, and will stand by you; and ye shall bear record of me, even Jesus Christ, that I am the Son of the living God, that I was, that I am, and that I am to come."
Doctrine and Covenants 68:6

Sunday, September 30, 2018

Snakes, crawdads and an octopus

May 2018

I took the kids to the park because they were getting cabin fever after so many rainy days. I just didn't think that through this time... They had SO MUCH FUN! ...after I stopped the dragging.
Abi dragging Hyrum along

I took three soaked and happy children home.
Everyone fell at least once

While I was talking to a neighbor outside tonight, Abi was catching rolly polies and occasionally brought a handful of them over to show me. But then she walked up and said, "A worm!" False, it was a snake. My nightmare came true... no joke. I looked it up. Pretty sure it was some variety of Texas blind snake so no big deal but I didn't know that at the time. My heart is still beating irregularly 90 minutes later. Clearly, our snake safety talk did not sink in. I tried.

When I realized what she was holding, I grabbed her wrist and tried to fling her hand to the ground while saying, "Drop it, Abi, drop it!" ......but she obeys so well after the fifth time I ask, you know? So we're just standing there flipping her hand and the snake all over until she finally dropped it, with her saying, "Why, Mommy?" the whole time. I just don't have time to answer the why questions in the middle of such crises! As soon as it hit the ground it wriggled under the mulch so fast, I was sure it was not a worm. Had to Google it to know that it was in fact a snake.

This is how she wanted to sleep tonight.
Abi snuggling her snake

My favorite people!

Visiting the San Antonio temple

These kids are getting big enough to enjoy the rocking horse - thanks, again, Granddad!
Audrianne rocking away

Abi was so enthralled by the big big on live crawdads! It was very intriguing, I must say! She really wanted to touch them and I might have let her except this wasn't a pet store - it is a food store and somebody would eventually eat the food she had played with. That seemed weird, so I stopped her.
"Pinch! Pinch!"

Why does she love this octopus so much?? She stopped and talked to him and look at her face!?! She has so much love in that gaze! Why!?!? Haha!
Look at the love in her eyes!!!

The kids have discovered a new hobby - hunting for treasures outside. Abi digs in the dirt looking for snail shells. And Hyrum and Audrianne mostly find rocks and sticks and chalk. Such a fun age for this group!
Digging for treasures

This moment made James proud! We have a future TP-er in our home.
We start them young

Audrianne loves accessories - purses, sunglasses, necklaces, bracelets. It's pretty adorable!
Super cool!

Because sometimes I look nice! :) Haha...
Selfie

No comments: