"Wherefore, be of good cheer, and do not fear, for I the Lord am with you, and will stand by you; and ye shall bear record of me, even Jesus Christ, that I am the Son of the living God, that I was, that I am, and that I am to come."
Doctrine and Covenants 68:6

Tuesday, September 18, 2018

Easter and our new Conference tradition

April 2018

Holidays are so entertaining with kids! Our community had an Easter egg hunt and my kids gathered almost no eggs, yet again. Abi still tries to open them as she finds them and therefore gets passed up and trodden on and Hyrum and Audrianne are still barely walking so we were lucky to get the few eggs we did. That didn't stop them though. They still had fun AND they won a raffle toy each so they loved it! We loved it! Success! And nothing beats these adorable pictures!
Happy Easter!

I said, HAPPY Easter!

I love my hubby! This is him all dressed and ready to go to his Priesthood meeting on Saturday evening.
Doesn't he look great?

And this is the picture he came home with... AUGH! The worst part of Texas right there! The nursery kids stopped their routine walks around the church building for a couple weeks after this. How frightening, right?
Yeah, this at our church - happy spring everybody!

Ok, so for those who may not be familiar with life as a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, twice each year we have what is called General Conference which is a weekend series of meetings broadcast all over the world with speakers from the leadership of the church including the prophet (like Peter from the New Testament), the apostles (the James and John and others from the New Testament), and several leaders of our women's organizations. These meetings are fantastic - I always look forward to the opportunity for reevaluating my life and my goals and the new beginning they provide twice a year. Anyone can watch these meetings live on Youtube if you search LDS Conference October 2018 on October 6th and 7th. Anyway, part of the culture surrounding this phenomenal weekend is eating cinnamon rolls and other amazing breakfast foods. Haha! Don't let this confuse you; there's no doctrinal reason for this tradition. I think it stems from the fact that we don't go to a physical church building on this particular Sunday since it is broadcast to every home in the world who chimes in so we all have unusual loads of time to cook gourmet breakfasts before enjoying the good word of God straight from His servants. On this weekend, we are well fed both physically and spiritually. Pretty awesome, huh?!

So, this year, I joined the thousands of Latter-day Saints who spontaneously bake cinnamon rolls on this weekend and look at how they turned out!!!!
Our new family tradition - oh buddy!

Baking in the oven

All baked

Our kids still don't fully understand the anticipation of holiday mornings when gifts are left out but Abi sure enjoyed finding a surprise! Their baskets were full of swimming suits, life jackets, and coloring supplies. Fun, survival, and creativity. Sounds appropriate, right?
Easter morning

Iced and ready to eat

We hid the eggs in the backyard and this time, they each got many eggs. Haha! Hyrum and Audrianne even figured out how to gather the eggs and got a few before Abi gathered them all. Why is this tradition only once a year? It's so much fun!
Audrianne opening her eggs

Hyrum opening his eggs

Abi opening her eggs

Heaven, right here!
Does this get any better? No!

Watching conference with kids means we don't hear as much of it as we'd like, if any. Thankfully, all the talks are published online and in print for us to study later because they are always so good and inspirational. These distracting cuties wanted to wear their life jackets around the house. Boy, if they weren't clumsy without them, they definitely were with them! Haha!
Trying on their new life jackets

I do love these kids though and this stage of life - even if it means not being able to pay attention as well as I would like. <3


Who's under the blanket?

Everyone!

No comments: