"Wherefore, be of good cheer, and do not fear, for I the Lord am with you, and will stand by you; and ye shall bear record of me, even Jesus Christ, that I am the Son of the living God, that I was, that I am, and that I am to come."
Doctrine and Covenants 68:6

Wednesday, September 26, 2018

Germany and our first escape artist

April 2018

So in March, James took a job with a company based in Europe and his first business trip was to Germany in April! He was very excited for his first trip to Europe!
James is in Germany

His travel plans were actually to fly out Friday afternoon and be gone until late the next Friday night. Then, Sunday night he was to fly to Vegas (or somewhere not exotic so I've forgotten where) until that Thursday. Essentially two weeks without him! We tried very hard not to miss him. It was too hard. We missed him tons! Here's why:

Our church congregation had a big carnival to celebrate Fiesta week with loads of games and carnival food and I bravely took the three kids by myself. It wasn't too bad. We mostly stood in line forever so Abi could try the rock climbing wall. It was free so why not? She didn't like it nearly as much as she thought she would and she was so light, it didn't work super well for her. But we got the picture! :)
Abi got to climb a wall! Kind of...

We spent Sunday morning playing before I put all the kids down for naps. That is, until I heard footsteps and running amuck from Hyrum and Audrianne's room.
Doing puzzles together

So, I checked the monitor and behold! Audrianne was not in bed! I had felt this milestone was near but seriously?? It was only day 3 of James's 14-day trip so I am lone-parenting and I NEEEEED sleep. I thought maybe it was a fluke so I put her back in bed and watched and sure enough, she got out again.
Do you see the mischief happening?

This is the amount of damage she did before I realized she was out the first time. Good grief! I put her back in and then watched her pull herself up to a decent plank position on the railing and then roll slowly off and fall to the ground. Sheesh! I just knew that a midnight urgent care run for a broken arm with three tired kids was in my future so I immediately got on Amazon and ordered a ridiculously priced but invaluable crib net to lock her in - for safety, of course. Fortunately, she couldn't climb out of her pack-and-play so she slept in that until the net arrived a few days later. These things ONLY happen when James is out of town!
This!

Food in Germany



Meanwhile at home...
New bubble machine

Hyrum loved it!

She may never eat if she can't let go...

This is adorable to me. She seems to finally enjoy playing with baby dolls and of course, it has to be two!
#futuretwinmom

Selfie - because I need to appear on my blog occasionally

The kids love being outdoors, especially if they can swing!

Jellyfish for "J" week

German bathrooms. Guess that's a universal sign? Haha

More German food





James chatting with Einstein at the airport

Daddy/daughter camping all set up for his short weekend between road trips.
Family photo in the tent

Just can't let go

Granddad always sends a baggie of suckers on the road with us and we tend to lose them in our pantry and find them again months later. They seem to come in handy at the best times! In this case, we went garage sale hunting and left the kids in the car while we shopped. The suckers made it fun for them - thanks, Granddad!
Suckers from Granddad

Abi collected roly-poly bugs at one garage sale which was so awesome, but she's crazy if she thinks she can bring a bucket of live bugs into our vehicle!
Saying good-bye to the roly-poly bugs

This day was a phenomenal win as far as garage sale shopping goes! We got a small dining table for my sewing machine, doll house, play kitchen, bike for Abi, random toys and games and books, and a few other things I don't remember now.
New bike

Love her personality

What you can't see well under these avocado slices are my parents' homemade tamales! YUMMMM!!!
Thanks to my parents for this deliciousness!

Audrianne transitioned to nursery with no problem whatsoever! Hyrum needed a bit of coddling for a few weeks but he transitioned pretty well also. Yay! Audri LOVES the music time and sits and follows along so well!
This girl is ready for nursery!

Audrianne singing the raindrop song in nursery

Singing in nursery at church

This is a picture James took... I have no idea where! Haha! But isn't it pretty?
Pretty view of a mountain



No comments: