June 2017
June was such a great month! Summers are always my favorite! Here are a few highlights.
 |
| Abi's second visit to the dentist |
 |
| Getting big enough to climb trees |
I love having a clean, vacuumed car! We cleaned both our vehicles and Abi helped while the babies watched so it was a family affair. What a great day! The babies LOVED being outside!
 |
| Watching us clean the cars |
Abi was so nice to share her favorite Dory and Nemo toys with the babies.
 |
| Happy babies |
 |
| Hyrum in a high chair |
 |
| Audrianne in a high chair |
They are after all, eight months old! I guess they should be crawling around, getting into sticky situations. :)
 |
| Scooting around, getting in tight places |
Abi... that girl! She devoured the rest of the bag before I found her. Beware the quiet toddler!
 |
| Found the Easter candy |
 |
| Playing together on the floor |
 |
| At the park |
Audri loves shoving her pacifier all the way in like this!
 |
| Chewing on the pacifier |
One of Hyrum's breaks from his helmet - doesn't his head look so different already?! And you have to love the face he's making!
 |
| Funny face, blowing raspberries |
Abi needs a calendar so she can see her future very concretely. Haha, don't we all?
 |
| Counting down days to our road trip to visit grandparents |
 |
| Super cool girl |
This is what happens now when I don't lock the door before using the restroom. I heard about this stage of life years ago and it was hilarious then. It will be hilarious again too soon I'm sure. But in the moment, haha, sometimes you just want five minutes of privacy. :) It is unarguably cute though!
 |
| I'm never alone anymore |
James went to a board game convention for a week as part of his side job. He does marketing consulting as a hobby job and worked for a board game company who hired him to run a very specific type of booth for them at this convention. It was super cool! They used Samsung 360 goggles and virtual reality stuff and all sorts of crazy tech and their booth was quite popular. He also got to run around and see the rest of the convention and found this life size version of Settlers of Catan. Too cool! Looks like a great family reunion game!
 |
| My nerdy hubby |
Abi really loves her siblings and recognizes how much attention they get and tries to steal some of it back by copying them. She's hilarious and frustrating all at once. :) Silly girls!
 |
| Monkey see, monkey do |
Abi graduated from preschool!! She did such a great job and loved her teacher and classmates! It was seriously adorable to see her leave school every day with so much excitement for what she had learned or done in class. We have SO MANY crafts to take pictures of and sort through. What a big, happy girl!
 |
| Abigail finished her first year! |
We really need to get Abi a "real" kid-proof microphone. She would love it!
 |
| The bubble mic was from her classmate |
Abi looks angry here but she's actually yelling with excitement saying, "YAY!" We finally left town to drive to my parents at 7pm... Augh! Haha! It's a 21-hour drive without stopping. We turned it into a three-day drive. I think we made it only about four hours that first day. The kids did a great job the whole trip even though it was so long!
 |
| Leaving on our road trip |
I love being organized and planning big projects so I brought extra activities for the car ride and different ones for the hotels at night. They worked like a charm! She had this new puzzle to do while we unloaded, set up portable cribs, and fed and put babies down for bed. It's a long process with two of us fully focused so it's essential that Abi doesn't also demand our attention. We also discovered that Abi loves the big hotel showers as she was already stripped down and in the shower that first night before we even knew what was happening. So after that, each time we checked in, we just put her in the shower with some shower toys and let her play for forever until we were more settled. It was a fantastic babysitter!
 |
| Entertainment at the hotel |
This is an understatement...
 |
| Hotel sleeping does not include much sleep when kids are included |
 |
| New toys for the trip |
We have no idea why she felt the need to have her head upside down... But I was dying trying not to laugh. Silly sensory-seeking girl! We love her!
 |
| I'm trying not to laugh... |
 |
| Family photo! |
We stopped in Columbus, Ohio and went to the zoo which we heard was amazing from my sister who dreams of going there apparently. Sorry we lived your dream, Katie! It was pretty awesome, but you need several days to see it all I think. We only had a couple hours before we had to put more distance behind us.
 |
| At the zoo |
 |
| She wouldn't take the photo without us |
 |
| Looking for Dory and Marlin inside the whale |
 |
| Dinosaurs! |
We drove through KS City where we dropped James off at the airport so he could start his new job!!!! He took a job in San Antonio, Texas and had to start before we moved. This meant that I had to drive the last 2.5 hours by myself after three days of traveling. It wasn't too bad but wow! Twins take everything to a different level or maybe just three kids instead of one. Either way, everything is more fun and more work! My favorite part was pulling in finally to my parents' home and seeing them and my sister and her kids all outside around the fire pit cooking hotdogs and smores. My dad ran to the van looking so excited but opened the side door instead of mine and grabbed a baby out while other people grabbed the rest of the kids. Yep, that's all I am now, a chaperone for the grandkids. Reduced to that. :) Haha! But I love it! I love how much my kids are loved by their grandparents and extended family!
 |
| Audrianne loved the kitten |
Is this not the epitome of childhood?
 |
| So glad grandparents have pets so we don't have to |
 |
| Happy kiddos |
 |
| Aunt Katie with so many kids |
I stayed with my parents for a few days, then I flew down to San Antonio to join James and finalize our home buying. He had already been house hunting and we were already signed into a house but I wanted to see it in person one last time, just in case! And I loved it! So excited now to own a home and a yard! Yay!
 |
| Took this one just for Abi |
 |
| We got to see the Alamo! |
No comments:
Post a Comment