"Wherefore, be of good cheer, and do not fear, for I the Lord am with you, and will stand by you; and ye shall bear record of me, even Jesus Christ, that I am the Son of the living God, that I was, that I am, and that I am to come."
Doctrine and Covenants 68:6

Saturday, September 20, 2014

Washington DC

While B stayed with us in June, we took several weekend trips. Abi is such a trooper when it comes to traveling. She does very well in the car and somewhat well in hotels. But she LOVES her stroller!

Abi and Washington Monument

We spent most of our time at the National Mall. I love that place but I could totally use a foot rub after visiting. So much walking!

Me with Dorothy's shoes from the movie

3-D Printer making dinosaur skeleton models

Funny quote from Sherlock Holmes in the Solar System room at the Air and Space Museum

Abi learning to fly at the Air and Space Museum

Abi loved this hands on portion of the Air and Space Museum

Abi LOVES pickles turns out

We ate a the Old Ebbitt Grill. It's not really a family restaurant. Not that's its inappropriate for kids, but apparently people just don't take their kids to that place. Haha! I figured this out when our stroller didn't fit through the revolving door, so they had to move a plant to open the locked side handicap accesible door. Then we had to carry the stroller up a few steps to get into the dining room where they sat us in a corner so we could park her stroller in the isle. Ha! The other customers gave us a few stares but the employees of Old Ebbitt Grill never made us feel unwelcome so appreciated that. Love this place!

This is as close to the White House as we've ever been

Do we look tired?

Do we look tired now? Haha! I was mostly kidding in this picture - B was mostly serious

B being interrogated at the International Spy Museum - way cooler than I expected

Arlington Cemetery - Changing of the guard - we tried so hard to be reverent and respectful

Washington DC Temple - What a gorgeous House of God

We visited the Washington DC Temple while we were there. What a gorgeous building! We drove in to DC at night and were caught totally unawares by the lighted temple on the hill in front of the freeway. That was the most beautiful site I've ever seen! I am so grateful for temples and the opportunity to be sealed to my family for all eternity.

Happy little girl!

Family photo at DC Temple

James and Abi

Heidi and Abi

Basically how we all looked the day after this trip

No comments: