"Wherefore, be of good cheer, and do not fear, for I the Lord am with you, and will stand by you; and ye shall bear record of me, even Jesus Christ, that I am the Son of the living God, that I was, that I am, and that I am to come."
Doctrine and Covenants 68:6

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Gateway Arch, Science Museum, Temple

This is a tribute to my first visit up the arch. We have a picture of me when I was only a couple years old looking out these windows... Good times. Thanks to Mom and Dad for instilling in me a love of learning and discovering!


The both of us at the tip top.


This looks oddly like a bathroom but it is not. It is the module that you ride up to the top of the arch. It has five seats and you sit there all cramped up for about 6 minutes if I remember right. Oh yeah, and kids don't necessarily count for seats. So you could have 5 adults and several kids in these things.



A Star Trek exhibit happened to be at the Science Museum the same time we were there which we took to be a sign... :) The St. Louis Science Museum is the absolute best science museum I've ever seen!! I have many fond memories of that museum as a kid/teen and the best part is that it is free!



We built this...


We had to rush through the Science Museum a bit so that we could hopefully see the zoo but we ran out of time. We only had an hour so we found this nice grassy spot to sit and eat lunch which turned into a dreaming session of our future house and amazing gardens/yard we would love to have! Pretty much, it would be just like these grounds. But with our own touch of course.



At some point in our trip, we made it to the temple there but I forgot to take a picture so this is a picture from the freeway as we passed by on our way out of St. Louis. Lovely!


No comments: