"Wherefore, be of good cheer, and do not fear, for I the Lord am with you, and will stand by you; and ye shall bear record of me, even Jesus Christ, that I am the Son of the living God, that I was, that I am, and that I am to come."
Doctrine and Covenants 68:6

Sunday, April 8, 2012

Kittens in Kansas

We went to visit my family this spring. It was perfectly timed to go to the Kansas City Temple open house, participate in Jake's mission call opening, and see the baby kittens. Haha! Perfectly timed!

Here's one of the four kittens. They were born right under my nose! I have heard for years from my family how entertaining it is to watch the kittens be born and I was so excited to finally get to witness this myself. It was my job to check her every so often while everyone else was at work or school, and I did, but she had them when I wasn't looking! So I didn't even get to see a single one be born. That was frustrating.

They're still cute, though! Sorry about this picture - blogger won't turn it correctly... What can I say?

James didn't get too close because of his allergies and subsequent life-long dislike of cats, but I did make him hold a day-old kitten for a minute just so he can say he's done it for once in his life. :D

No comments: