I love Halloween because it allows adults to dress up, pretend, and be silly again without getting stares from the rest of the world because for at least one day, it's expected to be a little abnormal. The negative part is that it brings out all the freaky people or the freaky sides of people. Just because people wear masks doesn't mean they're invisible or the consequences of their actions are nonexistant. I prefer staying home tonight to avoid the drive-by yells and other ridiculous behavior. :D
These are pictures of our costumes. I was allowed to dress up for both my jobs as long as it didn't interfere with actually doing my jobs. :) Seems obvious. Anyway, Meredith and I work together in the bakery and decided to be caution cones which we have in the Cannon Cafeteria and they turned out quite hilarious. It would have been a little better if we hadn't stayed up so late making them all night last night and had energy left to enjoy wearing them but oh well! We got lots of compliments and several, "What are you??" type stares. One photo is of Meredith, Emily and me. Emily works the first half of our shift with us and dressed up in the bright disco costume. The kids at my elementary job loved my costure - once they knew what I was of course. During my cafeteria job, Katie came to visit me and show me her costume. She's sweet to visit me so much. Can you guess what she was? She was a road. Yes... a road. She was actually way cute, and we kind of went together. When she got there I told her she had just missed a girl dressed up as a skunk, and Katie said, "Oh too bad! She could have sat on me and been road kill!" hehe.... Yeah, so some of these pictures are at my apartment while we made the costumes, some are at the elementary I teach at, and the other are at the cafeteria. I put all of them in this blog since they were also pictures of my work places. :D Fun eh?
3 comments:
Hey! I just made my own blog too! I love the costume! LOL! My blogs name is Yo Yo Yo! or www.3yoyoyos.blogspot.com! Tell Jenny and stuart and james and everyone you know!
You guys looked great! I just laughed! Lorie
Oh my gosh you are amazing!!! I'm so impressed! Good for you!
Post a Comment