May 2018
My poor vision has required that I wear corrective lenses for almost a quarter of a century, but no more! Woot woot! I wore glasses from about age eight to age twelve when I started junior high sports. I then wore contacts until 2015 when my eyes developed an allergy to the lenses. Sadness, right?? I have mostly worn glasses for the last 2.5 years and I'm so done with them! I never feel fully put together when I wear glasses. And I'm so blind that my glasses are crazy thick and make my head look funny. So after years of wanting this surgery, we finally took the plunge and did it and I'm so glad!
Here is my last selfie with glasses!
 |
| Selfie |
And this lovely photo! Haha! Guys, I was SO BLIND! Not the most blind of anyone ever - my mom is more blind - but let's put it this way. I was a -7.75 and -7.5 which translates to about 20/800 vision. What does that mean? Well, get this! 20/800 means that I can see at 20 feet what people with normal vision can see at 800!!!!! AUGH! Yeah, blind! Truly, that qualifies as legally blind if not corrected with lenses.
 |
| Preparing for surgery |
 |
| Getting surgery! I can't believe I did it! |
This was my doctor. He was fantastic! Let me know if anyone wants a recommendation for a San Antonio eye surgeon. :)
 |
| It's done! |
I wore these glasses for several days after because every little thing hurt my poor, healing eyes; when I turned my head too fast, my ponytail hairs would slide through my eyes and that was ridiculously painful. So funny goggles it is! I even slept with them on! OK, I can't hide this detail from my future self - this was a painful recovery! The procedure itself didn't hurt and the day or two after were not too bad but day three killed! I cried and cried and couldn't open my eyes for about an hour or two and finally went in to get help. Of course, about the time we arrived, my eyes felt a bit better so it was almost embarrassing, but it turned out it was just my allergy to contacts that was flaring up. I had nonprescription contacts in my eyes to cover the surgery wounds until they healed and my eyes just were not happy about that! In the end, I managed and I'm so happy to now be contacts/glasses-free!
 |
| I am super cool now! |
Aren't we adorable?
 |
| Reading in the waiting room |
James was so good to help during the days after the surgery! I think the kids really loved having him play with them full-time.
 |
| Making pancakes |
It rained and so we showed Abi how to shake the bushes and knock the rain off. Haha! Of course, the rain all fell off onto her. Mean joke we played but she loved it and did it several times.
 |
| Shaking the bushes |
And because we're super responsible parents, we let our kids play in the street gutters and splash and get super wet and gross. It brought back great memories of my childhood and playing in gutters.
 |
| Playing in the gutters |
These kids are getting SO big! Look at them climb like it's no big deal! Also, that shirt on Hyrum is so handsome, right?
 |
| Learning to climb |
 |
| Taking it easy, recovering slowly |
I barely remember making this meal, I think, but doesn't it look so delicious?!?!
 |
| YUM! |
No comments:
Post a Comment