May 2018
We have been trying to expand our kids' food palettes and one suggestion for accomplishing this goal came from Hyrum's Occupational Therapist: go eat at an all-you-can-buffet place and let them try everything. Well, I don't need to be told that twice! So off we went to Golden Corral! And of course, they loved it!
 |
| Audrianne loves Golden Corral |
 |
| So does Hyrum! |
 |
| Abi loved the idea of eating at a restaurant |
 |
| I loved not cleaning up! |
We were a bit of a spectacle with so many small, cute, mostly well-behaved children. And the kids made a huge mess that I promise we did our best to mitigate before we left. But we learned some important things: our kids love fried fish, fried shrimp and fried okra. They couldn't get enough fried food. It's nice they love something so easy to cook.... Haha! We also learned that everything tastes better if you get to poke it with a fork all by yourself... And Abi loves the idea of an endless dessert bar... So, I guess mission accomplished??
I'm pretty sure our family ate a 1.5 dozen chocolate chip cookies, several rice krispie treats, and five or six ice cream cones. We got our money's worth on that end of the restaurant!
 |
| Best part of all-you-can-eat places |
After our amazing meal, we spent the evening at a member's only event at the zoo to view the new dinosaur animatronics exhibits before the official opening the next day. It was so fun and Abi absolutely loved it! She ran from dinosaur to dinosaur and squealed in excitement at every one!
 |
| Dinosaur exhibit at the zoo |
I'm fairly certain she thought this was a real baby dinosaur.
 |
| Abi got to pet a baby dinosaur |
 |
| She could hardly hold still |
 |
| Scary! |
 |
| The tallest dinosaur |
My glasses-free selfie!!! Kind of weird but so exciting!
 |
| I found a tapir! |
No comments:
Post a Comment