"Wherefore, be of good cheer, and do not fear, for I the Lord am with you, and will stand by you; and ye shall bear record of me, even Jesus Christ, that I am the Son of the living God, that I was, that I am, and that I am to come."
Doctrine and Covenants 68:6

Monday, April 2, 2018

Lazy days of September

September 2017

Volunteers were requested for a second weekend to go help with Hurricane Harvey cleanup so James went, this time just for a Saturday. These pictures may be a bit too gross for some so be warned. This is a property where the volunteers were asked to clear a path to the home as the road was completely washed over with all this debris. Then they laid gravel down as what was left of the road was super muddy. They didn't have enough time or man power at the time to work on the yard - can you believe how much work this is going to take to restore??
So much debris washed into their yard

Check out all the random trash and, yes, that's a dead cow

All that random trash - BIG trash - and a cow?!?! How is it even possible to go back to normal life after events like this?
It's gross, I know but look at the trash and how rotted that cow is!


This is where I often find Audri these days. Funny girl!
Audrianne is really enjoying getting IN the toy box lately

Audrianne

Hyrum

Can you see her now?

In order to keep Abi focused, entertained and not wasting her life in front of the TV, we make a visual list for her of activities we will do after preschool and before her nap. She loves this list as it gives her mental organization which helps her be calm and a bit more patient. Such a great strategy for success for her! So here is one day's list: clean her bedroom, read some books, do some table activities, a surprise (probably because I couldn't think of anything else in the moment but knew I'd come up with it by then), and finally lunch. :)
"Let's make a list, Mom!"

Climbing the slide

Climbing her toys

They LOVE baths!

The top right picture is how Hyrum gives kisses - totally open-mouthed all the way to contact. They are the wettest but best kisses I've ever received! I love them so much! Best kisser!
He loves playing with his daddy

Abi and her marble game

They just keep climbing and mastering new skills! I can't keep up with the trouble they can get into now!
She can climb on the chair, folks!

How a sensory kid watches TV... Haha! I need one of these for while I'm at the airport. I can't get anything read or done there - too many people to watch!
The best way to watch TV

Yeah, so James just ordered me a shirt one day as a "just because/thank you" sort of gift! I love it! I love wearing something he picked for me!
New shirt from my hubby, just because

Our dreams of studiously watching conference were shattered when we had kids... well, kind of. We've adjusted our dream as we realize now that this dream is still doable, just not all in the original weekend. Haha! In fact, I get very little out of conference weekend now. All the inspiration has to wait until I re-watch conference over the next several weeks afterward. Haha!
Watching conference

But I do love this stage of life. There's something romantic about being so exhausted from parenting...
Watching conference
If you're curious about what conference I'm talking about, click this link to see the last broadcast from October 2017: General Conference. Twice a year in April and October, the prophet of God speaks to the world along with other speaks including the apostles and leaders of the church. I am always inspired and uplifted by their talks. Each six months, this conference fills me with the motivation and peace I need to continue on, like filling a gas tank to continue on my journey of life. I always receive answers to personal questions and greater conviction that Jesus Christ lives, that I am a child of God who loves me and cares deeply about the details of my life, and that God has a plan for me. The next conference is coming up on March 31 - April 1. Click here to watch it!


No comments: