October 2017
October found us enjoying another Sunday of listening to the prophet for our semiannual General Conference of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. We spiced it up a little for the kids and made a fort with blankets and cushions and a slide. They loved having Daddy in there with them.
 |
| Hiding in a living room fort |
Behold, our first artwork on our house! UGH! This is one way to welcome in home ownership. Abi drew with Sharpie all over the dining room floor a few weeks ago and I finally took time to sit with a dry erase marker and recolor it all to get it off. It didn't come completely clean but at least it's not so stark now.
 |
| Cleaning the marker off the floor |
Abi and I painted some wooden letters and attached them to her door. We are really celebrating having a home and space for everyone!
 |
| Abi's room! |
Halloween really spiced up our neighborhood walks! As we passed this yard, Abi said, "Oh, poor guy! He fell!" Yeah, I suppose he did! :) Abi really enjoys all the skeletons and thinks they are all dinosaurs. She doesn't connect skeletons to horror yet and I like that.
 |
| Poor guy |
I was shocked to learn that after only two months of living in Texas, Abi was already well aware of what a cowboy hat is. She was so cute in this hat! We definitely need to add "cowboy hats" to our shopping list for our kids so they can fit in here.
 |
| Our little cowgirl |
I wasn't fast enough with the camera but Abi walked up to this dinosaur, shook his hand and said, "Nice to meet you," talked to it for a while, then walked away like it was a totally normal thing to do. I love watching her grow up!
 |
| Social girl |
 |
| She slept hard! |
With a kitchen full of cupboards and a house full of toddlers, baby locks are a MUST! James took this project on and got it finished in just two sittings! My hero! He also had fun quoting Home Alone while he did it. Haha!
 |
| Taking on the toddlers - This is MY house! I must protect it! |
We were so privileged to be visited by James's brother Stuart and his family. We had such a great time with them and appreciate them using their vacation to visit us! We went to the San Antonio Aquarium which is really quite cool and very hands on! They all LOVED it! One kid loved it so much, she dove right into a fish tank in the first 10 minutes of being there. It was a quick rescue and memorable fun but sure made me nervous the rest of the time that Abi would also want to go for a dive, but she didn't, thankfully.
 |
| Feeding the rays |
The babies loved this room of the aquarium where there are bounce houses and jungle gyms to play on. I love their happy, little faces!
 |
| Jumping and bouncing |
 |
| Feeding the fish |
 |
| Talking to the fish |
 |
| Feeding the birds |
 |
| Scary shark! |
 |
| Great day with cousins |
 |
| Touring the Alamo |
Uncle Stuart and James put the swing together with the help of (probably too many) kids and it was a huge hit! I love having a yard and big, mature trees!
 |
| Adorable girls |
 |
| Five on the swing |
 |
| Love this girl! |
 |
| And I love these kids! |
 |
| Hyrum loves books |
No comments:
Post a Comment