Other than that observation during this zoo trip, I had a hilarious experience while waiting for James and Abi to finish in the bathroom. I was sitting on a rock wall and had an itch on my calf so I struggled to bend over and scratch it. Apparently I pulled a pretty pained face because a zoo worker who walked by just then said, "Whoa! I thought you were in labor! Don't scare me like that!" It made me laugh (what other choice do I have?) because I wasn'st even 30 weeks yet. I hadn't even given much thought to going into labor... So I decided from then on I should probably smile when I bend over...
Abi and James had a really cool encounter with the bears this time. They were pacing right in front of the window! Check this out:
![]() |
| Coolest bear day at the zoo! |
![]() |
| Say "Hi!" to the bear! |
This guy is always fun to see - from the other side of the glass of course.
![]() |
| This is just a little disconcerting |
August was a big month at our house because we potty trained Abi! I thought she was ready and I thought I was ready but about noon on the first day, she was bawling, I was crying, and I was sure I had ruined her and made it so she would never use the potty ever. Then we both took naps and life got better. Haha! She got stickers to put on a picture of a toilet when she peed in the potty and candies when she pooped in the potty. This picture is of her first time earning candies. Every time since then has been a celebration for the ages!
![]() |
| Candies for pooping in the potty |
Here is a baby bump picture from 30 weeks! Getting so big and cute! FYI, potty training while big and pregnant is a dumb idea! Had I known how hard it would be to claw my way off the couch every 15 minutes to run to the potty, or to bend over and pull pants up and down, or to spray and scrub carpet on my hands and knees, I'm not sure I would have done it. But now it's done, and it's a wonderful break for the budget.
![]() |
| Babies just keep growing! |
I love that Abi and I have had so many one-on-one moments this summer before the babies come. We both need it!
![]() |
| Crowns are the coolest |
Abi LOVES pizza and she loves it in one big piece. It's probably an independence thing but she hates when we cut it up which is really entertaining at Costco since those pieces are HUGE! But somehow she manages.
![]() |
| Costco pizza |
And, here's another baby bump from 31 weeks! Come on, babies! Keep growing bigger and cuter!
![]() |
| Baby-bump! |








No comments:
Post a Comment