"Wherefore, be of good cheer, and do not fear, for I the Lord am with you, and will stand by you; and ye shall bear record of me, even Jesus Christ, that I am the Son of the living God, that I was, that I am, and that I am to come."
Doctrine and Covenants 68:6

Thursday, December 15, 2016

Cracking eggs, preschool starts, and babies get showered

September was a full month. Pregnancy made life more difficult (as evidenced by how many selfies I have of Abi and me on the couch), but there were several bright spots (also evidenced in the pictures). :) Here are some golden moments...

We have started letting Abi help crack the eggs partly because we love doing things with her and partly because she has a radar for it that doesn't let us sneak the egg-cracking anymore.
Cooking with mom




31 weeks

Abi found a cozy spot...
Reading in the blanket basket



Abi started preschool this fall and she LOVES it! I think it might be the highlight of her days. She loves her classmates and her teacher, the playground and the crafts, the singing and dancing they do and the cool new toys they get to play with during centers. Basically she just loves it!
First day of preschool!


James got to come with us to drop her off one day early on. I love that James can join us for some of these important life moments.


Abi loves these bears! I'm so glad we don't have room for this at home or money to buy it with. :) Haha! Who buys this???
The ridiculously large bear at Costco



I remember when my sister drove the cart at Walmart when she was pregnant with her first and I was slightly jealous because I didn't have a good excuse to drive the carts. :) Well, I decided to take advantage of this moment in my life when it's difficult to walk and enjoy my "right" to the driving carts. They're quite fun but a little difficult to maneuver when you have a toddler tag-a-long.
This is slightly dangerous when a toddler drives


One of many selfies on the couch...
Snuggling on the couch
We got so comfy while snuggling that Abi fell asleep before school. I hated waking her up...

32 Weeks

Monochromatic lunch

When we got to school early one day, I unbuckled Abi and we had a dance party in the car. SO much fun!
Dance party in the car

So, Abi's first backpack was adorable and fit her really well but it didn't fit her papers and folder so after dropping her off for her first day, I went to Target to filter through the remains of back-to-school shopping to get her a bigger backpack. The only bags left were marketed to teenagers complete with headphones or Disney licensed bags that were ridiculously expensive. I finally found this one and was immediately hooked because it was only seven dollars! That's right, it may only last a year but it's perfect... aside from the fact that it's huge. Haha! They didn't have a single kindergarten-sized bag left (except the expensive ones). It took her a while to learn how to maneuver in the bag and she looks like a turtle but an adorable turtle so we all love it!
Ginormous backpack


So LAST YEAR for Halloween, James's team dressed as Peanuts characters and he finally cleaned underneath his desk I guess and brought home his head. That sounds weird. Anyway, Abi loved the head and wore it around for a while before it eventually disappeared... like many things did when I was a kid. Now I know where they go. :)
Life-sized bobble head

BABY SHOWER!

A big highlight of my month was the baby shower that some friends threw for me. I seriously looked forward to this for weeks. I understand now why these parties are so important and not just a nicety. Being pregnant is hard - even when it's easy. It's hard. And by the time you're near the end, you NEED distractions and what better distractions than ones that focus on you and pampering you and treating you like a queen for a day. In fact, every woman needs that occasionally, pregnant or not. I loved my shower! It was so casual and fun and not awkward at all. I'm not good with awkward or attention but this was much needed fun and socialization. A big thanks to all my friends who made this happen!
Food spread

I had to include this picture of the party because look at me on the right side on the couch! I didn't realize how big I looked! Haha! I felt big but wow... I was! And yet, so tiny for twins.
Wow, I look so big!

Abi and I have had a wonderful couple months together for which I am so grateful! I know that once these babies come, my ability to give her attention will decrease for a while so it's been a huge blessing to spend so much time with her and really become her friend.
Smiles!


33 Weeks

More snuggles

Name the movie I'm quoting in the caption!
"And it's happy to see you!"

Abi is really into Monsters Inc. and loved this hat. I should have bought it because, hey, Halloween costume done! But, alas, I didn't.
Should have bought it!


This girl is adorable!
Styling!


Abi loves being tucked in these days.
Yellow guy!

My swollen feet don't fit in my more sophisticated slippers so I had to resort to my really old and dirty pink panther slippers that I love SO MUCH! My aunt got them for me my freshman year of college which was such a nice gift! I have obviously used them well and they came in handy yet again! Thanks, Lorie! Abi loves them, too. :)
"Pink kitty!"

Tucked in

35 Weeks

1 comment:

Care said...

We love the video of Abi and the eggs. Our kids were all cracking up over it! Adorable!