Abi and I are such lucky ducks! We got to go visit some family and friends in New Mexico in January. What fun for us!
Best purchase ever has been these kid headphones. They were 20 dollars and came with a governor for the volume so I don't have to worry about her hurting her ears or bugging the other people. For an airplane ride, this is magic!
This was also an amazing purchase that I bought months earlier and saved for just this type of moment. It was a perfect activity for the plane and it was perfect timing for her interest level in letters.
We flew through Chicago which turned out to be a mess considering we almost missed our flight for various reasons... toddler tantrums, riding the inter-concourse train to the wrong stop, sitting in the elevator thinking it was moving and it wasn't, toddler shoes flying out of the stroller periodically (I did eventually stop putting them back on), yeah, just a mess. We did make it although we were almost the last people on the plane. That's definitely the closest I've ever cut it (and still caught the flight I should say). I had to take this picture though as a throwback to my senior trip when we flew through Chicago and almost got stuck there due to weather. Good memories!
So, here's the highlight of the trip and the whole reason for why we went when we did. My good friends went to the temple for the first time! It was such a great weekend - something I've been looking forward to for years really. Brooke and I were neighbors for the first three years we lived in NM and have had lots of great memories and moments. I have been so excited for her to go to the temple and the fact that she was able to go with her new hubby was even more special! Congrats to them! (Also, I HUGE thanks to my family who watched Abi so much that weekend so I could be with Brooke! I forget how nice it is to have family closeby.)
This is a great picture that James sent me. Despite the evidence in the picture, I was very careful to leave meals ready to cook for him and Juli with a menu and everything. I really enjoy caring for my family and wanted to know that they were well fed even when I was gone. And this is what they sent me on Day 1. What a joke!
Here's an actual meal they made. Looks amazing, huh? James is a good cook and Juli is quite able in the kitchen as well. I knew they wouldn't starve, but I still wanted to feel like they needed me. :)
No, I didn't require that they send daily pictures but I was excited to know how much they appreciated the food I left them so I guess pictures is how James shows his appreciation.
Here we are on the flight back! And we are obviously excited to be flying again. Haha!








1 comment:
So greatful to have you as a close friend!!! We love you and your family!
Post a Comment