"Wherefore, be of good cheer, and do not fear, for I the Lord am with you, and will stand by you; and ye shall bear record of me, even Jesus Christ, that I am the Son of the living God, that I was, that I am, and that I am to come."
Doctrine and Covenants 68:6

Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Happy New Year!

Here is how our 2016 started... :)

First of all, I finished the puzzle we got for Christmas which is pretty much the best gift ever! I LOVE puzzles and have to admit that I look forward to someday living in a senior center doing puzzles with my friends. That is pretty much what I want to do when I grow up.
It came missing a piece... or Abi ate it.

Sometimes you just have to take pictures of your hard work, even if it's food! I should say, especially if it's food. This, my friends, is homemade chicken Parmesan. That's right! Probably the most delicious meal of our whole 2016 so far. :) AND James made it! I probably made the sauce but he does the chicken Parmesan. What a stud!
Heaven on a plate

Abi wouldn't come get her diaper changed so I grabbed the closest stuffed animal to show her how easy it was. He wore that diaper for two months and she loved him more than ever while he was in it. It's like he became human for a while and had to be present at every diaper change. Unfortunately though, it didn't make HER diaper changes go any more smoothly. Failed parenting attempt.
I gave the bear too much human life

This post should really be named something like, "Look at my amazing husband!" because this hair-do is brought to you by him! That's right! He googled "toddler hairstyles," found a Pinterest pin, and did Abi's hair. Love that man! And that girl!
Styling hair-do

Can you believe this hair? I love that James feels like there's nothing a mom can do that a dad can't also do - like styling his daughter's hair. I'm ok with this mindset.

This is a photo of Abi and an adorable little girl who is the daughter of one of James's co-workers. We met them at a mall to hang out one day and this little girl held Abi's hand and walked with her through the mall like they were best friends! I love how quickly kids make friends! Wish I hadn't grown out of that amazing ability.
Play date at the mall

We had such a great time at the mall that we literally "shopped until we dropped." We didn't buy anything though. Lame, right? But how cute is this? She just walked up and got in my lap and fell asleep. Guess it's time to go.
Nap at the mall

James is so patient with Abi and loves having her help him do dishes. Someday, this will pay off in the form of expertly done chores. YES!
Helping Daddy do dishes

No comments: