"Wherefore, be of good cheer, and do not fear, for I the Lord am with you, and will stand by you; and ye shall bear record of me, even Jesus Christ, that I am the Son of the living God, that I was, that I am, and that I am to come."
Doctrine and Covenants 68:6

Thursday, May 19, 2016

Snow Storm

Every great post starts with a picture of amazing food! Haha! This is a great apple pie that I LOVE and because I like to share the love, here is the recipe. Hot apple pie on a snowy day is a perfect combination. We even made homemade snow ice cream. Yum!
Apple Pie

Abi was so excited about the snow! It's fun that she's seen snow before but so far has been too young to remember it from year to year.
What happened?!?!?!

I showed her how to eat snow which is probably a bad idea for a young kid who can't quite understand how to select edible snow but it was fun all the same. She was reluctant at first but I ate it a couple times so she tried and then made this face! Haha! Guess she wasn't expecting that.
First time eating snow


She really liked eating it but couldn't quite understand it.
So cold!

Juli was in Boston for a few weeks last year during that ginormous snow storm so this isn't her first snow storm but it's still quite a novelty for her.
Juli's second snowy winter

It was still snowing while we were playing so I started singing "Let It Go" from Frozen for Abi and she loved the connection!
Let it go!

This video is an adorable visual of how much snow we got and how deep it was for Abi's height.


Our poor cars were so buried. :)
So much snow!

This snow was so dry and powdery. It wasn't the right snow for packing a snowman, but this is our lazy yet adorable snowman creation this year. :) I actually LOVE it!
Our snowman

No comments: