"Wherefore, be of good cheer, and do not fear, for I the Lord am with you, and will stand by you; and ye shall bear record of me, even Jesus Christ, that I am the Son of the living God, that I was, that I am, and that I am to come."
Doctrine and Covenants 68:6

Sunday, April 3, 2016

Enjoying her gym class even more with new-found skills


Abi usually will not walk this beam, even though she loves it, without me right next to her holding her hand. This is the first time she conquered the beam like a champ! Yay, Abi!


This video is hilarious to me for a couple reasons. I am, of course, writing this blog post in April 2016 and earlier this week we had a meeting with the local school board to see if Abi should be evaluated for special services due to her developmental delays. In this meeting they asked why we initially decided to have her evaluated for Early Intervention when she was 18 months old. The answer of course is because of her speech delay but then I watched this video today and thought to myself that this video is a pretty good answer to their question. Wish I'd had it ready then. I could have just said, "Well, here she is at almost 2.5 years old after ten months of therapy; you tell me what she's saying."

No comments: