Fourth leg: Colorado. Christmas just does seem right unless we make the trek to my grandparents' homes. I am so grateful we have been able to go so often in our married lives. This time was entertaining because due to the sickness I had in NM, my voice was all but completely disappeared. It made for some hilarious renditions of Christmas carols. I self-designated myself as the band leader when we did our family chimes since I really could not sing - just squeak.
This is a favorite tradition! Shrimp boil!!! This probably isn't the most glamorous time to take pictures but it's a memory that we can't neglect.
Abi's cheeks are spacious so she can stuff a LOT of food in there before you even realize she still hasn't swallowed.
 |
| Stuffing the cheeks |
This is usually the most exciting table. Weirdly, they didn't eat all their food this year! What?!?! They needed help from more cousins!
 |
| Cousins' table! |
We also got to spend some time with Dad's family which was nice but a bit more empty than usual without Grandma and Granddad. They sure were missed! Abi managed to get some quality time with her granddad though.
 |
| Holidays take all our energy |
Thanks to my sister for sneaking in this photo shoot. I'm not sure when she even took this picture!
 |
| ...and a doll, and a book, and a ball... |
 |
| Board games! The best part of any get-together |
Sadly, I don't remember what this was all about. Ha!
 |
| This looks ominous |
Thanks Colorado family for keeping traditions alive and making fun memories with us! We love you!
Fifth leg: Kansas. James, Abi and I rode home to Kansas with my parents. It was lovely though cramped with six people, luggage, and Christmas gifts. My voice was sort of returning so I was able to read scriptures with Jenny for a while to help her catch up in her seminary reading. I loved that!
 |
| Snuggles |
James can win the heart of any child. That's something I love very dearly about him!
 |
| What a great uncle and daddy! |
Ok, so story. On New Year's Eve, most of us played card games while the boys watched a movie. We mostly ignored them except that they were so dang cute watching TV together! They looked like young besties with their matching poses, watching Saturday morning cartoons; they were so fixed to the screen. It must have been a good movie. I've never seen it, but it's called Gatica.
 |
| Aren't they cute? |
Eventually they must have gotten tired of holding themselves up because they both changed positions - again matching. So we shot another picture while they weren't looking. This is one of my favorite parts because of how fixated they appear and the screen shot that happened to be on when the picture was taken. If you don't know what's going on, it makes you wonder. And makes me laugh!
 |
| Guess they got tired... |
So, Katie and I played pitch against Mom and Dad. For a while we had like 3 points while Mom and Dad had 27. That was pretty pathetic. Then we realized they were taking every bid and we just had to risk it, bid high and hope for the best. So the next round was flipped with us scoring 27 and them scoring 3. We were feeling pretty good about ourselves and our abilities until they showed us their hands. Guess it was more luck than we thought. Bummer...
 |
| Dad's hand |
 |
| Mom's hand |
Thanks KS family for such a fun couple days! And for carting us all over the midwest! We love you!
No comments:
Post a Comment