"Wherefore, be of good cheer, and do not fear, for I the Lord am with you, and will stand by you; and ye shall bear record of me, even Jesus Christ, that I am the Son of the living God, that I was, that I am, and that I am to come."
Doctrine and Covenants 68:6
Monday, March 16, 2015
Lunch date - not much to say these days...
We finally got things worked out and found a babysitter we LOVE. She's just starting to babysit so to let her get accustomed to watching Abi (so we can later go on real dates again), we went out for a quick bite to eat.
It was so lovely to talk to James in whole sentences, except we haven't done that in so long, we've forgotten how. So instead, we spent most of the time just staring at each other wondering what we ever talked about before we had Abi.
Before I had kids, I thought it was hilarious, somewhat frustrating and maybe even a bit overdone that I couldn't ever finish a conversation with my friends when their kids were around. I could only wonder what made it so hard to have a whole conversation or finish a thought? Is it that they never got good sleep? Were their kids just so crazy, that they had to keep checking on them? Did they have so much going on that they couldn't fully focus on one thing? Did I always just catch them at the worst moments or did they never get peace of unhindered conversation?
Now I know.
And I'm one of them.
And this is what you look like when you can finally stop. And think. And talk. But you can't anymore. Because you don't remember how.
Haha! And she's only 16 months old!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
This is so true!
Right?!?! There's nothing more frustrating than finally having time to talk and still not being capable of it... :)
So true! This is awesome! You put into words what I can't cause I can't compose blogs anymore. I was an intellectual once. Sometimes I can't think so much so I don't finish my
So true! This is awesome! You put into words what I can't cause I can't compose blogs anymore. I was an intellectual once. Sometimes I can't think so much so I don't finish my
Ha ha ha! Very true. And so funny. I always feel bad having phone conversations with people...Oh well.
Post a Comment