"Wherefore, be of good cheer, and do not fear, for I the Lord am with you, and will stand by you; and ye shall bear record of me, even Jesus Christ, that I am the Son of the living God, that I was, that I am, and that I am to come."
Doctrine and Covenants 68:6
Monday, March 16, 2015
Gluten-free
We had a sister missionary serve in our ward at this time who had to be gluten-free. So, I expanded my horizons a little and researched gluten-free cooking so we could still feed the missionaries. This is a little tongue-in-cheek because my horizons stopped expanding at "Nachos." Apparently chips are made from corn - I knew that once upon a time. Also, I discovered a new hobby: pinteresting recipes for variations of Nachos. Did you know there are as many varieties of nachos as there are pizzas? It is exciting stuff!
Well, so we got on a Nacho kick for a few weeks while I tried a few different ones. One of our favorite recipes also uses spaghetti squash and is so tasty! Check it out here! It doesn't actually call for Nachos but it is so good over chips!
The other thing that makes Nachos so fun is if you own Fiestaware dishes because they are oven-safe. So you make your own custom Nacho stack, throw it in the oven for 2-3 minutes to melt the cheese, and you have an amazingly delicious, warm, yummy dinner!
One day, James got his Nachos made and the stack was so huge! I told him he'd never finish it and we had to take a picture to prove his amazingness when he did, in fact, finish it all! What a beast!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Sign me up for gluten free at your house!
Post a Comment