"Wherefore, be of good cheer, and do not fear, for I the Lord am with you, and will stand by you; and ye shall bear record of me, even Jesus Christ, that I am the Son of the living God, that I was, that I am, and that I am to come."
Doctrine and Covenants 68:6

Monday, July 16, 2012

Excuses to go to the Zoo #1

I LOVE THE ZOO!!!

But, I have not yet gone to a zoo alone. Not sure why. I'm sure it would be totally normal. But how often does anyone go to the zoo by themselves?

Therefore, I need excuses to go.

Excuse #1. Karli

Karli's parents are our good friends from BYU who also happened to move down here with us which is just fantastic! But they were moving to a new place this summer and needed a day with one less child. So Karli and I went to the zoo. And had a blast.





She was so excited to feed the giraffe... until he stuck his tongue out to get the twig! Then she dropped the twig and jumped and wouldn't get anywhere close to trying again. Haha! Poor thing. I think a demonstration or more prep would have been helpful.


She did enjoy feeding the ducks, however. They don't have creepily long, black tongues that can lick you from head to foot in one swipe.

No comments: