"Wherefore, be of good cheer, and do not fear, for I the Lord am with you, and will stand by you; and ye shall bear record of me, even Jesus Christ, that I am the Son of the living God, that I was, that I am, and that I am to come."
Doctrine and Covenants 68:6

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Goin' huntin', goin' huntin'...

James and I went to visit family at this time of year specifically so that James could experience hunting for the first time in his life. All four boys went and came home with a smaller Jake turkey meaning that he's not an old man turkey. Hehe...


A humorous fact about our family: we are a family of turkeys. My dad's name is Tom, my brother is named Jake, and my sister is named Jenny. These are all names for turkeys based on age and gender. My brother Jake was fairly concerned when they ended up shooting a Jake turkey. He was a lot nicer and sweeter the rest of the weekend... Can't figure out why... :D


James barbecued the turkey in a yummy marinade. It wasn't even tough or gamy. It was a totally delicious turkey. And Dad made his delectably perfected kabobs with a new meat marinade from a grill cookbook he got for his birthday last week. Pretty much, it was heavenly.

No comments: