"Wherefore, be of good cheer, and do not fear, for I the Lord am with you, and will stand by you; and ye shall bear record of me, even Jesus Christ, that I am the Son of the living God, that I was, that I am, and that I am to come."
Doctrine and Covenants 68:6

Thursday, November 18, 2010

Thanks Goodness

I just have to thank John Tyner for standing up for privacy and personal space. I have recently decided I'm not sure I'll ever fly again due to these imaging machines and the close encounter James just had during a flight because he refused the imaging machines. Why do they need to see us naked to trust us? I frankly don't feel any safer flying now that the Government has "cracked down" (or cracked up if you prefer). So I am so grateful for people like John Tyner who stick up for us. I hope that this brings more attention and voice to this issue because I'm downright sick of it. Thank you John!

If you have no clue what I'm talking about, check out these videos:

News Report: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zYykxMupiT0
Original Video from Camera Phone: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-UqM56e-kRA

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I was watching this on the news last night. I saw those machines in the ABQ airport...I was not asked to go through it...I would have refused just because I am pregnant and don't want the radiation that I think they produce. But, honestly, I don't really have a problem with the machine other than that. The picture that I saw looked just like a skeleton and I just compare it to going to the dr...I don't like the Dr to see me naked either (and the dr literally sees me naked...not just a skelaton), but I do it for my safety. I guess I should learn more about it though before I state my opinion too loudly. haha. I do, however, say way to go to him for standing up for what he believes. Way to go to anyone who stands up for what they believe when it is not popular opinion.